Current Newsletter: Spring 2012
It's time for a quick update - to thank God for answered prayer, to request your prayers for the road ahead, and to announce the release of a new book.
Answered Prayer: in September we wrote asking for your prayer support for another trip to Nigeria to facilitate the introduction of the Culture, Ethnicity & Diversity course as part of the Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership program. We thank God now - for safe travels, for a wonderful cohort of students who participated fully in spite of less-than-desirable learning and living conditions, and for our ability to communicate with each other almost daily.
The last month has included local ministry for both of us and speaking for Paul - Gordon College teaching, training with Arrow Leadership Ministries in British Columbia, and chapel services at both Gordon College and Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
THE ROAD AHEAD: international travel resumes this week with a team effort training in Grenada with Paul traveling with Grace Chapel Middle School Pastor Andrew Breton to train youth and younger leaders. In addition to Gordon College teaching, the next months include much traveling ministry. We share our schedule to invite your prayers and - when possible - your financial support: all of the international trips and some of the USA travel is self-funded through the money we raise through DAI for our salaries and expenses. IF you want more details on any of these trips, please ask.
Some writing news: some of you know that our newest book, Western Christians in Global Mission: What's the Role of the North American Church? is coming out soon. We attach a promotional flier here. We say :"our" newest book because this book is really the result of 30+ years of involvement together in global relationship building and travel. NOTE: if you are a financial partner with us and DAI, please know that you'll be getting a copy for Christmas!
- October 10-15: Grenada: leader training with co-trainer Andrew Breton
- October 16-18: Chicago to participate in the Global Leadership Forum sponsored by Create Possible
- October 20-22: Bloomington, IN mission conference at Evangelical Community Church
- October 28: Groton, CT mission conference at Groton Bible Chapel
- October 31-November 2: Colorado Springs (October 31-November 1) for DAI related meetings
- November 1-3: Allentown, PA missions conference at Faith Church
- November 10-12: Roanoke, VA: Partners International Board meetings
- November 14-19: Abuja, Nigeria: speaking at the Student Missions Conference of ECWA (Evangelical Christians Winning All), a Nigerian denomination.
- December 5-9: Rivne, Ukraine: speaking at a leader training and mobilization-of-youth-for-mission conference (a follow up to 2010 ministry there)
- December 27-January 1: St.Louis and the Urbana 2012 Student Mission Conference (https://urbana.org/urbana-12) - participation will include workshops, involvement in the pastors program, and more.
As always, we are grateful to God for your partnership in this ministry of developing global leaders.
Christie & Paul
We deeply value your prayers and consistently need your financial support. If you'd like to join us in financial partnership, tax-deductible contributions (designated "Borthwick Support") can be made online at http://www.daintl.org (“Donate”) or by checks designated "Borthwick Support" can be made payable and sent to:
Development Associates International
P.O. Box 49278
Colorado Springs, CO 80949
FYI two recent on-line links:
To hear an interview with Paul on the book Simplify, check out http://www.faithradionet.com/2012/simplify. To watch a talk Paul gave in April on Six Dangerous Questions to Transform Your View of the World, go to http://vimeo.com/41323170